LAGEHO is engaged to provide low income and senior residents of Florida with high quality civil legal services in order to obtain and maintain their basic human needs. Through advice, representation, advocacy, education, and collaboration, we seek:
- to achieve justice for those whose voices might otherwise not be heard;
- to empower individuals to advocate for themselves; and
- to make positive changes in the communities we serve.
The types of services include:
- Advice and/or referral.
- Self-help legal information or clinics.
- Brief service including investigation and research.
- Resolution of cases through negotiation and settlement.
- Representation of clients at hearings before administrative agencies and in state and federal courts.
Areas of Service:
- Foreclosure Law
- Consumer Law
- Domestic Violence
- Elder Law
- Family Law
- Public Benefits
- Homeless / Disability Project
- Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic